Monday 21 February 2011

All you need is love.



For those of you who haven't seen the film I Am Love then bloody why not? It is an exhilarating experience. The better half and I went to see it at the flicks last year when it came out and we only just got around to watching it on dvd this weekend (although we bought it well before Christmas). It stars Tilda Swinton as the lead. Living the high life as the matriarch of a ultra wealthy Milanese family her world, and her families, is turned upside down by a chance meeting. I will leave it there for those of you who havent seen it.
A film based mainly in the Italian city of Milan should get the style juices flowing and you will be pleases to know that this one does not disappoint. The film's wardrobe was done by Fendi and Jill Sander but there is, of course, a Hermes Birken bag here and a Gucci Loafer there. It shows how well the Italians put things together and instantly your looking up lessons in Italian and considering if you could do your job in Italy, Milan perhaps. I read earlier today (on a website of high regard) that Italian men are just trying to dress like English men and this is why they look and dress like they do. Well if that is true how come I never look half as good as them when I try to dress with a bit of Milanese flair? Best stick to what I know best. If anyone can let me know what that/this is then I would be most grateful.