Wednesday 11 May 2011

Look what we have here...

Remember these poor old things


That's right they are the made to measure tassel loafers that I loved that much I decided to hurt them. Well they always say you hurt the ones you love and that was more than true for this pair of shoes. I took it upon myself to repair the fractious relationship between us both and shipped them off to where they came from Gieves and Hawkes on Savile Row, to see if some counselling would help them. In the form of Dr Justin FitzPatrick, he isn't a real doctor I don't think, the shoes met a shoulder to cry on and take solace from the mean and brutal treatment they had received. The results?


As you can see they look a lot better for a bit of tender loving care and now I am as happy as larry because I practically have a new pair of shoes. Dr Justin will take on any shoes from any brand but he works from his station in Number 1 Savile Row. The services on offer are either the Gieves special shine for £10 or the Gieves milatry shine for £20 which makes your dancers look like they are made from glass (glass I tell you). I went with the special shine as these are loafers and are meant to be informal. With the previous finish being a camel colour and the shoes now looking more like a chestnut shade, there are some patches of mottled effect but to me this gives the shoes a more antique feel. When I went in there a chap had just given him 6 pairs of John Lobb shoes to shine up to a military spec so he has his work cut out.
I am now looking forward to wearing these for the first time. If I only had a special occasion to wear them too? Whats that love we need some milk......