Monday 10 January 2011

Check, mate?

I was looking for something to wear yesterday when it dawned on me: I have seven suits that are in a check material. I have to say that this wasn't intentional to build up a Duke of Windsor wardrobe, it just happened and now all of these check suits are my go to suits when I am in need of an outfit that is super smart but reflect's me best.


This is the latest addition to the team.  A fantastic check and amazing Loro Piana cloth my favourite at the minute as it's a three piece which helps to keep the freezing London temperatures at bay whilst looking sharp. I have a watch hole on the waistcoat as well for granddad's pocket watch.


This one is also a three piece and the cloth is Holland and Sherry luxury flannels. Super cloth but it is to tempting to wear all the time so I have to save it for the best of the best (if you ever see me in this then you know I have an important meeting, lunch or night out on the tiles).


A trusty old double breasted (not that this one is old by the way I only got it in October) Prince of Wales cloth by Fox bros and co. Love this one to bits as well and it's another winter warmer. One can always call upon a double breasted in this cloth to dazzle anyone. Burgundy tie, sky blue shirt and oxblood oxford toecap shoes is such a strong outfit with this one, not forgetting a smashing pocket square of course.


Another P.O.W check but in a much lighter material this time (9oz Holland and Sherry I think) in a single breasted two button job. I love this one in the heat of summer with a pair of loafers and sky blue socks I know summer feels like such a long time away but it will get here in the end.

So there you have just four suits from a wardrobe that is bulging with dogtooth, prince of wales and panel checks amongst others. I am ordering a new suit next week, all being well, and yes you might of guessed it I am thinking about going for a check, mate.